Telluride Rotary Club
The Rotary Club of Telluride was chartered in 1945 and has been operating and meeting regularly since. The club supports the local youth, encourages ethics in business and in personal lives, and looks beyond the borders of the town to advocate for international harmony.
The Rotary Club manages four major fundraisers and events each year:
- Red Ball Express - Large red balls are rolled down the ski hill for a change of winning up to $100,000. This fundraiser not only raises money for the Rotary Club but also for over 20 local non-profits.
- Bluegrass Drink Booth - Rotary operates a very successful drink booth at the annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival.
- Telluride Homecoming Festival - Rotary organized the 1st Annual Telluride Homecoming Festival in the summer of 2013. The festival celebrates Telluride locals and part-time locals from past and present.
- Golf Tournament - a Fall classic.
The Telluride Rotary Club contributes to a number of local and international projects. Three of areas of significant contribution include the following:
- Dictionary Project - the Club provides dictionaries to all 3rd graders in the region.
- Scholarships - the Club provides multiple college scholarships to are high school graduates.
- Rotary Youth Exchange - the Club is one of the most active clubs in the world for sending out and hosting high school foreign exchange students.
In season, the Rotary Club holds Wednesday meetings at noon at the New Sheridan Hotel and hosts speakers a couple times per month at those weekly meetings. All are welcome.
P.O. Box 1265
Telluride, CO 81435
Linda Avery, Club President 2013-2014