Telluride Chamber Music Festival
It’s a bit early to have information about the 2016 Telluride Chamber Music Festival, but it’s not too early to book lodging. Many veteran festivarians book their condos and hotel rooms a year in advance and the town of Telluride is mostly sold out six months before the festival! Come back later for more information on this festival.
The Telluride Chamber Music Festival has been bringing chamber music to our box canyon since 1973. The festival seeks to forge a spontaneous connection between the audience and the musicians.
The festival showcases the finest in chamber music by performing some of the classic greats. Participating musicians have been Roy Malan, Susan Freier, Nance Ellis, Polly Malan, Ian Scarfe, Jeffrey LaDeur, Stephen Harrison, Allan Glassman, and Larry London.
The 2014 Schedule of Events (2016 schedule will be posted when it is available).
- Thursday, August 7: A free concert in Town Park will open the festival. A picnic starts at 5pm followed by the concert at 6pm.
- Friday, August 8 (Sheridan 7:30): Performances of Brahms, Borodin, and Dohanyi
- Sunday, August 10 (Sheridan 2:30pm): Performances of Dvorack, Shostakowivh, and Mozart
- Thursday, August 14 (Sheridan 7:30pm): A night at the Metropolitan with Met simulcast star Allan Glassman
- Friday, August 15 (Sheridan 11am): Free children's concert
- Sunday, August 17 (Telluride Conference Center 2:30pm): Performances of Brahms, London Starry Nights, and Franck
- Sunday, August 17 (Telluride Conference Center 7pm): Dessert Concert
Visit the Telluride Chamber Music Festival website for ticketing and further information.