The Telluride Public Schools serve the Telluride School District R-1. There are a total of 755 students in the system The Colorado Department of Education awarded the Telluride School District an Accreditation with Distinction, the highest rating available and awarded to only 14 districts statewide. There are four distinct schools within the public school system:.
Telluride Elementary School - Principal, Trish Greenwood
- Over 300 students in preschool through 3rd grade
- Average of 18 students per classroom
- Enrichment classes: Art, Music, Technology, Library, and Physical Education
- Support Services: Title 1 Reading, Remedial Math, Enrichment, English as a Second Language, School Counseling, and Special Education
- Daily 5 literacy program: Students read self-selected texts with more focus; curriculum includes books on tape; technological resources like iPod Touch, iPad, computers.
- Telluride Elementary School was recognized by the state of Colorado Department of Education for its excellence in educating kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Telluride Intermediate Middle School - Principal, Steve Smith
- Fourth through Eighth grades
- Telluride Intermediate School - The Telluride Intermediate School serves students grades 6-8.
- Telluride High School - Telluride High School is a public, four-year college preparatory school with an enrollment of approximately 190 students in grades 9-12. 4% of students are from neighboring districts. The