The mountains around Telluride are the headwaters of many Colorado River tributaries and home to turquoise lakes where families can add fishing, tubing, rafting or stand up paddle boarding to their outdoor adventure mix.
Here are some fun ways to make a splash in Telluride:
- Fish at the stocked pond in Town Park for children 12 years and under. There is a four trout limit.
- Float an inner tube down the San Miguel. Tubes are available to buy at Timberline Ace Hardware or for rent at Bootdoctors.
- Hit the pool at Town Park. The outdoor heated pool is perfect for taking a dip on a warm day and practicing some underwater handstands or a game of Marco Polo. Check pool hours here.
- Enjoy the thrill of river rafting (10 years + for the upper San Miguel or 50 lbs and above for the lower San Miguel). Several local outfitters offer half day and full day trips.
- Head to Elk Pond in Mountain Village, Down Valley Park or Trout Lake to test the waters on a Stand Up Paddle Board.