The Gondola Opens for the summer on June 15
The gondola, which links the towns of Telluride and Mountain Village, opens for the summer season on Monday, June 15 at 7 am. The gondola is the only free public transportation system of its kind in the United States. Guests can enjoy this spectacular, 13-minute ride to Mountain Village or exit at Station St. Sophia for access to hiking and biking trails in the summer.
The gondola’s operating hours are 7 a.m. to midnight.
The following protocols have been set in place to ensure passengers and staff safety:
- No mask, no ride: per Mountain Village and Telluride ordinance, masks are required on all public transportation at this time for those over the age of 2. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a face covering, please let operators know. Operators will provide a face mask if you don’t have one.
- Cabin occupancy: one person or one associated party at a time will be loaded per cabin.
- Cabin cleanliness: Advanced cabin disinfection methods will be in constant use. Cabins will be disinfected regularly. Cabin windows will be kept open to ensure adequate ventilation.
- Line management: there will be no singles line, and markers will be at each station to maintain social distancing while waiting to board. Operators will maintain a six-foot distance from passengers yet continue to engage with guests.
- Hand sanitizer: hand sanitizers will be available at each station for passengers.
- Recreational equipment: Passengers will be required to load their own recreational equipment, including bicycles and strollers. Please familiarize yourself with the proper use of the exterior bike racks before loading or ask an operator for guidance.
Gondola lines may form throughout the day, but they have moved quickly and appear larger than they are due to physical distancing measures between passengers. To view gondola lines live, web cameras are now streaming from each gondola station live online at www.townofmountainvillage.com/webcams.