LIVE LIKE A LOCAL
Love Telluride? We do too. So, let’s work together to protect this special mountain town and its beautiful backyard. The Ecology Commission’s Live Like a Local campaign is a good source of information about local ordinances and best practices designed to protect our quality of life and natural environment, including:
- Don’t be trashy, reduce, reuse and recycle. If you need help with local recycling rules, ask your property manager or carefully read the signage on the garbage cans and dumpsters where you are staying.
- Slow the Flow, save H20. The region is experiencing long-term drought. Please conserve water.
- Be Bear Aware and secure trash cans. Allowing bears and other wildlife to get used to human food waste is dangerous for these wild creatures.
- Pick up where your dog left off. Need we say more?
- Leave No Trace. Let’s give our natural surroundings some love this summer.
- Idling is a turn off and it’s illegal per a local ordinance. It is illegal to idle for more than 30 seconds (3 minutes on a cold morning). Our mountain air is clean and clear. Let’s keep it that way!