The mountains around Telluride are the headwaters of many Colorado River tributaries and home to turquoise lakes where families can add fishing, tubing, rafting or stand-up paddleboarding to their outdoor adventure mix.
Here are some fun ways to make a splash in Telluride:
- Fish at the stocked pond in Town Park for children 12 years and under. There is a four trout limit.
- Float an inner tube down the San Miguel. Tubes are available to buy at Timberline Ace Hardware or for rent at Bootdoctors.
- Hit the pool at Town Park. The outdoor heated pool is perfect for taking a dip on a warm day and practicing some underwater handstands or a game of Marco Polo. Check pool hours here.
- Enjoy the thrill of river rafting (10 years + for the upper San Miguel or 50 lbs and above for the lower San Miguel). Several local outfitters offer half-day and full-day trips.
- Head to Elk Pond in Mountain Village, Down Valley Park or Trout Lake to test the waters on a Stand Up Paddle Board.