We're dreaming of a white winter..... That's right, there are still a couple solid weeks of summer left here in Telluride, but we can't help but be pumped for the winter season to come! Telluride is a gorgeous place to visit when the peaks are snow capped, the skiing is unbeatable, and the small town charm that characterizes Telluride is in full effect. During the holiday season there are several popular community events that go on to get us out of the house and into the holiday spirit. Below are a couple of our favorite annual events. Not to mention, there is always plenty of live music and entertainment that cycles through.
Eve Telluride Torchlight parade: This beautiful event can be viewed in the Town of Telluride from 6-8pm on 12/24/12. Grab a hot chocolate and
look to the trails of the ski resort where you’ll see a parade of lights and
glowing torches against the snowy mountains. A very festive Christmas Eve
- New Years Fireworks: Every year locals
and visitors gather together in Mountain Village to watch the fireworks and torchlight parade on the slopes of the Telluride Ski Resort! The torchlight parade will also head down the Telluride side of the mountain for your viewing pleasure. After the fireworks, everyone in town meets by the Courthouse in downtown Telluride and rings in the New Year!
- New Years Eve: Make sure you purchase a ticket to a Telluride venue/bar to drink champagne and party down with your friends and ring in 2013.
- Sheridan Opera House: the historic and intimate venue will host a variety of shows around the holidays. Come check out these great bands and boogie down to celebrate another wonderful year!
- Skiing: What's better than skiing on Christmas Day and the first day of 2013?? Start the year off right on the slopes! If you wish hard enough... there might even be fresh powder on January 1st!
- Photos with Santa: Take the family and get a photo with Santa! Find him on the slopes Christmas Day or head over to US Bank in the town of Telluride and snap a photo with old Saint Nick.
Get every 6th night free on our condominiums and vacation homes
or every 5th night free on our hotel rooms or kitchenette rooms during
2012/2013 holiday season
(12/26/12-1/5/13)! For more info, visit: http://www.telluride.com/lodging/early-bird-winter-specials